An interviewer is basically trying to answer the following questions about you:
- ABILITY – Can you do the job?
You have to prove that you can, by being able to talk clearly and simply about your technical/professional skills and your profession/industry knowledge
- MOTIVATION – Are you willing to go the extra mile?
Having a motivated employee is gold dust for an employer. You have to show your enthusiasm for your work and your profession.
- TEAM-PLAYER – Will you fit in?
There isn’t a manager in the world who would want to take on someone who ended up being a problem amongst a team. You have to demonstrate the ability to work alone, to work with others, to take criticism, to tolerate others’ opinions and beliefs.
In answering questions around these three areas, you need to ensure that the interviewer not only knows about your skills and ability, but that they can also picture you using them for their benefit.
So, we will not only explore whether you have enough energy/presence in the interview room and whether you speak as persuasively as possible, but we will also practice and learn how to answer those tricky common questions such as:
- Tell me about yourself
- What can you do for us that someone else can’t?
- What are your greatest accomplishments?
- What do you want to be doing in 5 years’ time?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why should I give you the job?
What attendees will get out of this course:
- How to demonstrate your ability, your motivation and that you will fit in
- How to use story-telling and illustration to make points clearly
- How to generate energy and avoid waffle
- How to answer those difficult, common questions
- How to feel in control, no matter what questions are asked